Master’s Ranch Christian Academy Helps Teenage Boys
As a parent, it can be overwhelming to discover that your son has been experimenting with alcohol and drugs. Perhaps he has started hanging out with a different crowd and you have noticed changes in his appearance, behavior, and spending habits. No matter what you try, he is not responding to your intervention, and you are afraid he is becoming dependent on life-controlling substances. It is possible to handle substance abuse problems on your own. As a parent, it is your job to lovingly get your rebellious teen back on track. Sometimes, the best way to do that is by seeking help from professionals with a proven record of turning lives around.
Benefits of Master’s Ranch for Teen Boys
When your son is struggling, we can provide him with many benefits that living at home or going to a traditional boarding school can’t do. These key differences are what make Christian programs for teens like Master’s Ranch Christian Academy such a valuable option for rebellious and addicted boys.
- Getting your son out of his usual environment and away from the friends who may be influencing his behavior is a critical first step. Master’s Ranch Christian Academy for teen boys builds character and accomplishes lasting change.
- Rebellious boys will do everything they can to continue using drugs and alcohol. It’s often necessary to put him in a structured situation that prohibits access to substances.
- Trained and experienced staff is available around the clock. You can place your confidence in their years of experience.
- Boys who have been at Master’s Ranch Academy for troubled boys for a long time become role models for those just coming in. Their common backgrounds and shared experiences develop camaraderie and brotherhood.
Building Character for Life Change
Simply removing the availability of drugs and alcohol does not create lasting change. Instead, it’s important to replace these negative influences with positive ones. Your son needs to want something beyond the rebellious and destructive behavior he has been pursuing. Recognizing the spiritual need is the best way to do that. Christian substance abuse treatment centers for teens guide your son in building a strong relationship with Jesus and setting a new direction for his life.
At Master’s Ranch, We Encourage Your Son to Pursue a Wide Range of Activities Within a Christian Environment
- School – We mentor the boys every day. Your boys won’t have the option to skip school, hang out with the wrong crowd, or not do their work. They may get more schoolwork done in a day here than they were getting done in a week. We will do our best to motivate your child to love school. We use an accredited Christian-based curriculum that will teach facts while saturating them with good morals.
- Work – Just like the old days, the kids here will have chores to do every day. Work won’t be presented as a four-letter word or punishment, but the privilege of every boy to work hard to provide for their family. We do this inside and out, from dishes to construction to milking cows.
- Vocational Training – We teach the boys special skills. From computer basics to carpentry, welding, cement, and plumbing. Your child will use many different hands and power tools. Boys will leave here conversant with doing “manly” things around the home and shop. We will build things your child can take pride in, perhaps even earning money doing it while they are here. If your child is old enough, we can even get him or her ready for employment outside. At Master’s Ranch, we try to raise men, not boys.
- Spiritual Perspective – There is a God! We will do our best to inspire (not drive, or force) your son to get to know Him. Every child has a faith journey he or she must make. They have a spiritual nature and need a moral foundation for a successful life. The emphasis here will be to encourage your child to develop their own personal relationship with Jesus Christ, through His word and prayer. And then to begin to allow God to mold his or her character into the person He wants him to be. We will attempt to model this in front of your child by living as honest and exemplary lives as we can. Then, through Bible study, church attendance, and devotions that are real and exciting, provide the information and inspiration your child can connect with on their own. Our model is purely inspirational and not compulsory. Their spiritual decisions are unique and personal, and we respect that. A choice to believe something presupposes the right to not believe anything. Every human being is a free moral agent.
- Recreation – Good clean fun is what has been missing from most at-risk children’s lives. They have substituted sinful pleasures and risky behavior for fun. We will play board games regularly, go swimming, ride horses, play basketball, softball, and football, go fishing and hunting and constantly remind your son or daughter how to laugh, be silly and have fun when it is appropriate to do so. How else will they one day play ball with their kids, if they don’t do it growing up?
- Counseling – As you know, most good counseling is just good listening. We want to hear from your son. What does he think? How does he feel? If necessary, we will try to correct erroneous thinking, and feelings not grounded in fact. We will always use the Bible as the standard for truth and clear thinking. But your child will need a friend to go to; someone he trusts and will talk to. That is a big priority for us. Your child’s confidentiality will be respected. We will also flow appropriate information to you so that you can make course corrections at home, if need be, to get ready for your reunion. We have experienced quality counseling staff working with your child.
- Working with Animals – We have seen the value of connecting kids to animals. Children not only learn responsibility as they care for something that needs them, but they also make emotional connections. We will do this through cows, pigs, chickens, and dogs.
- Advocacy – Please understand that not all the kids we see have a loving, supportive family at home. Sometimes we find ourselves feeling quite sorry for our boys and girls after we get to know their parents. However, we are assuming that you are the former: a loving and supportive family that wants your child back better and in one piece. We will be your advocate. While your child is here, he or she will go through angry phases. He or she may lie and manipulate to gain our sympathy. They may tell us harsh things about you that are simply not true. Please realize, we have seen this before and are not affected by it. We believe in your authority and the honor due to a mother and father. We will stand up for you and the other authorities in your child’s life. If you have made mistakes that your child resents you for, you will have ample opportunity to get those right in time. Therefore, we will work hard to see that your child is ready to make peace from both sides of the war: The things he or she has done wrong, and the wrongs he or she perceives to have been done to them.
Importance of Our Staff
- Boys need a safe place where they can build new relationships with authority figures parents can trust.
- Teachers cultivate a love for learning and help rebellious boys develop an appreciation for the role of a strong education in providing opportunities in life.
- Mentors work hard to relate to the boys. Staff members take the time to understand each boy’s individual situation. They demonstrate love and forgiveness while providing needed discipline.
- Spiritual leaders help boys experience the transforming power of truly knowing and interacting with Jesus Christ. They guide boys in reading and studying the bible, praying, discussing spiritual topics, and serving in missions. As a Christian organization, Master’s Ranch Academy for troubled boys is committed to helping boys grow in their Christian faith and learning to live it out in their everyday lives.
- Our trained staff helps boys develop healthy eating and exercise habits.
Find Hope at Master’s Ranch Christian Academy, a Therapeutic Boarding School for Teen Boys
Here at Master’s Ranch Christian Academy, we operate as much as possible like a family, rather than an institution. We have one major advantage over the average American family: on our boys’ ranch, we can focus ALL of our attention on your child because that is what you have asked us to do. For instance, a normal family is stretched so thin today with extra jobs, activities, responsibilities, and other pressing family duties. In addition, if your teen is troubled, they require so much more time, energy, and effort. So much of what we try to do is what do as a parent; to just walk through the hours, days, weeks, and months of life with the kids, using every moment as an opportunity for learning. We strive to present everything we do with a positive attitude that will benefit your child. Learn More Here
If Your Son Needs Help, Contact Master’s Ranch Today!
Do you want to see your son thrive in a structured environment focused on developing Christian character and setting a new direction for his life? Master’s Ranch Christian Academy for troubled boys can help. Please call us today at (417) 938-4711 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.