Accredited Christian Education Prepares Students for Employment or College
We provide excellent educational opportunities for our students on site with a nationally accredited curriculum through Western Christian Academy. We also have traditional instruction from certified teachers. We offer GED classes as well as ACT and SAT prep. Our academic program is also heavily vocational in nature, and we offer a vocational diploma for those who choose it. WCA uses an award-winning internet-based structure for high school with over 50,000 multimedia features. The curriculum presents a Christian worldview. WCA’s structure prepares students for today’s college course procedures.
Western Christian Academy uses the award-winning Switched-On Schoolhouse program through Alpha Omega Publications. The curriculum is fully accredited with the North Central Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), so credits earned while at Master’s Ranch and Christian Academy will transfer to other schools, and diplomas are accepted by colleges and universities. WCA uses an award-winning internet-based structure for high school with over 50,000 multimedia features. The curriculum presents a Christian worldview. WCA’s structure prepares students for today’s college course procedures.
SOS is a computer-based learning system which is also supported and tutored in our classroom by our own certified teachers. SOS offers five core subjects and a variety of electives that complement learning tools such as 3-D animation, video clips, and other exciting multimedia which enhances the teacher’s ability to customize lessons to meet each student’s individual learning needs. Switched-On Schoolhouse (SOS) offers a vibrant mix of entertaining lessons, assignments quizzes, and fun-filled lessons designed to captivate the student’s attention and engage them in learning. With features that enhance content and functionality, this award-winning curriculum offers ease, accuracy, and quality academics. Recent government studies report that students learning via computer-based instruction are more likely to retain the lessons taught than by normal classroom instructions. As such, even public schools are trending toward more computer-based instruction.
- Have different learning styles and learn at different rates
- Were created with varying talents and academic potential
- Must master specific development skills
- Learn best through a focus/mastery learning approach
- Increase mastery and retention through repetition and review
- Differ greatly in their abilities to learn through auditory, visual, and kinesthetic/tactile stimuli.
- Since children learn with varying learning styles at different rates, Western Christian Academy provides placement assessments and designs a personalized educational plan for your child.
- Diagnostic testing reveals the developmental skill levels attained. Specific skills are prerequisite to the “learning to read,” such as sequencing, left-right coordination, color and shape recognition, and auditory and visual discrimination.
- Children process information differently in varying stages of physical and cognitive development. Our curriculum emphasizes the development of critical thinking skills, deductive reasoning, and logical thinking to better prepare the students for college and success in life.
- Children gain mastery and understanding of academic concepts through different modalities. Some children are strong visual learners, but others learn best through auditory processing. Others are hands-on/tactile learners.
- Western Christian Academy provides curriculum that best meets all learning styles.
- Evaluate and place your student at a level that meets his or her academic deficiencies and strengths.
- Monitor each student’s progress and provide a support system that is unmatched.
- Communicate with parent and student when they notice a student is struggling in a particular area. They may assign review work or more detailed instruction in that area to serve as reinforcement.
- Maintain academic report cards and accredited transcripts.
- Support you through communication by phone or online assistance.
- Provide incentives for students by recognizing academic excellence in an Honor Roll Program.
- Foster school spirit through affiliation with a school with real teachers who are interested in their achievements.
Personal Instruction Leads to Success for Every Skill Level
We have qualified teachers on staff who provide instruction and one-on-one assistance to the students. Tutors are also available as needed. At Master’s Ranch, we accommodate both ends of the academic spectrum. The self-paced curriculum allows students who may be struggling to master the concepts and catch up. Advanced coursework and a college-prep program are available for those who excel academically and wish to get ahead.
Our school operates on a year-round basis to keep students engaged and to give students the opportunity to catch up on any missed credits. During the summers we run a half-day academic schedule to allow time for projects, sports and recreation.